Working from our head office in Bournemouth, we service the South of England, including London, Southampton and Bristol, providing safe and cost-effective ant proofing and extermination services.
Black Garden Ants (Lasius niger)
These extremely common insects are found throughout the U.K. They are attracted to sweet foodstuffs – foraging ants will explore the areas around their nest and once a food source is identified they will communicate to the others where it is located. A pathway is soon established and large numbers of ants may follow this trail. In a commercial environment this can cause distress to customers and the risk of contaminated food. During the summer when weather conditions are suitable vast numbers of flying ants erupt from the nests simultaneously, generally in the afternoon. The flying ants can cause problems but fortunately the event is short lived.
Ant Identification, Risks and Solutions
What to look for:
- Live insects
- Ant pathways in and out of your premises
- Small heaps of earth or dirt indicating nest sites
Potential Harm from Ants
- Infestation and contamination of foodstuffs
- Contamination of sterile areas
Commercial Consequences of Ant Infestation
- Contaminated food and other products will have to be thrown away
- Staff and customers may be alarmed by the appearance of ants
- Health and hygiene issues can potentially lead to lost trading revenue and a damaged reputation
How Rokill Can Help
- Identification of the species
- Proof access points against Garden Ants and treat as necessary
- Regular inspection visits by one of our qualified technicians
A number of tropical ant species are found living indoors in the U.K, these include Pharaoh Ants, Roger’s Ants and Argentine Ants these insects are much smaller than the more common Garden Ants, typically they are 1.5-2mm in length. We provide specialist treatments for all species.
We can provide a free, no obligation survey for commercial premises; please contact our friendly and experienced service control team on 0800 783 0011, or email us and we will be happy to help you with any enquiry you may have.