Rokill provides mice and rat control services in Bournemouth, London, Southampton, Portsmouth, Reading and Exeter, helping commercial premises prevent and eliminate risks associated with rodent infestation. A professional company with over 30 years in the industry, our expert rodent controllers can quickly offer solutions to infestations and install traps with rodenticides to bring issues under control.
Rodent Prevention and Control
The presence of rats or mice in commercial premises can cause a serious risk to Health & Safety and be highly damaging to the reputation of the business. Effective control is vital.
Identification of rodent infestation
What to look for:
- Chewed fabric or items
- Nesting material such as shredded insulation, cardboard, etc.
- Burrows, runs, footprints
- Smear marks caused by grease from the rodents fur
Potential harm from vermin and mice
- Spread of bacteria such as Salmonella and Weil’s disease
- Damage to stock and buildings including electrical wiring
- Contamination of foodstuffs and goods
Commercial consequences of rodents in premises
- Damage to goods, foodstuffs and your health and hygiene reputation
- Temporary closure may be necessary
- Failure to comply with food hygiene legislation can result in closure/fines and legal action being taken
- Loss of customers and/or employees
How Rokill Pest Control can help
- Immediate treatment with rodenticides by one of our qualified technicians
- Provide rodent proofing and advice
- Regular visits from our qualified technicians to prevent further rodent outbreaks
Hot spots in Newbury, Reading and Wiltshire
In certain areas there is established resistance in brown rats (Rattus norvegicus) to rodenticides licensed for use by pest control companies. Hot spots include Newbury, Reading and Wiltshire in the South of England. There are 5 different types of resistance in the U.K. at present. These present challenges because the rodenticides used may be eaten by the rats and they will not be killed. What makes the situation worse is that continuing to use rodenticide when resistance is established results in removing the non- resistant rats that would normally compete for food and harbourage, therefore allowing the resistant rats to thrive.
Our friendly, experienced, technicians will use alternative techniques where resistance is encountered to ensure success, this may require input from the customer to block holes and gaps and to remove food sources and potential harbourage. We work with our customers by providing advice or actually carrying out proofing or clearance works if they prefer.
Rokill are involved in research into rodenticide resistance. For more information on Rodenticide Resistance visit http://www.bpca.org.uk/rrag/
We can provide a free, no obligation survey for commercial premises; please contact our friendly and experienced service control team on 0800 783 0011, or email us and we will be happy to help you with any enquiry you may have.