We are pleased to announce that due to continued expansion, we are now looking to recruit additional trainee pest control technicians.
The vacancies are centred around:
Trainee Field Biologist
Salary: Competitive Salary + Commission on Sales + allowances, Laptop & Company Car
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Due to continued expansion, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Field Biologist to join our Technical Team. The Field Biologist is an important member of the Technical Team, responsible for conducting detailed inspections at premier food manufacturing sites, conducting quality audits and assisting with training..
Rokill Limited is one of Britain`s leading providers for Pest Control. Operating since 1980 we provide control services to the commercial, domestic and public sectors, dealing effectively with types of pest and bird problems. Previous experience is not required as trainee`s will undergo our Field Biologist training programme that includes a period of time shadowing experienced staff in the field as well as class room based training sessions. After passing our 7 internal training modules, trainees sit the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) Level 2 exam in pest control, complete Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate, Safety Passport Alliance Food and Drink and finally the Certificated Field Biologist exam. Roles and responsibilities of the Trainee Field Biologist: To carry out Field Biologist Inspections at client’s premises. These are detailed pest control inspections at industrial/food manufacturing premises. A type written photo report is then created for the client, illustrating pest activity found, identifying trends and recommendations for maintaining pest free conditions.
- Conducting Quality Audits at Premier Sites
- Assisting with Quality Audits at Standard Contracts when needed
- Carrying out pest awareness training at clients’ premises.
- To assist with the training of new and existing technicians
- To assist at problem sites, to rectify pest issues
- To assist with creating training material for technicians
- To develop new business opportunities with existing clients.
- Assisting with set ups of premier sites
- Assisting with service work during busy periods
- Conducting client review meetings
- Relationship building with key clients
- Conduct pest trend analysis at Premier Sites
- Carry out escalation visits for key clients
- To advise on changes to audit specifications e.g. BRC, AIB, Tesco, M&S etc.
- To offer technical advice to colleagues and clients
The Ideal candidate:
- Have an interest / qualifications in a Biological Science discipline
- Hold a full UK driving licence with the ability to read and follow a map
- Be computer literate – especially Word and Excel
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- A comprehensive grasp on the English Language both written and spoken
- An Analytical outlook with problem solving abilities
- A meticulous eye for detail with a pride taken in works completed
- The Ability to work to set procedures and follow instructions
- Enthusiastic, positive, personable with a desire to learn and excel in the position
- Must be confident working at height and in confined spaces
Pay and conditions:
- Starting basic salary £20,000
- Commission on sales
- Company Car
- Lap top
- Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment are provided
- £16 per month to cover the cost of keeping your vehicle and uniform clean
Closing date 19th January 2018.
If you are looking for a change in direction, or have already started your career within this industry then please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Full information on how to apply can be found below
Our success as a company is based on recruiting and retaining the best people. We regularly recruit trainee technicians that are new to the pest control industry. This is because it gives us the opportunity to select the candidates that have the best potential to excel in the role. We look for people that have fantastic communications skills, are enthusiastic and are keen to learn. We also look for people with integrity and the drive to be the best that they can be. Our Trainee technicians undergo our award winning training programme, that includes a period of time shadowing experienced technicians and team leaders in the field as well as class room based training sessions. We ensure that all trainees are taken to a wide variety of sites that are experiencing challenging pest problems, to ensure that they have the opportunity to learn from our experienced team. Our team of Field Biologist’s and Regional Technical Support Officers also work closely with our trainees to help them develop their technical skills.
After passing our 7 internal training modules, trainees sit the RSPH Level 2 exam in pest control.
We operate a 6 grade career structure within the technician role, to ensure that our team members are continually striving to improve their pest control knowledge and take on additional responsibilities.
We offer highly competitive packages including commission, and a generous bonus scheme. We also pay overtime (at time and a half) for onsite working or for travel in excess of 30 minutes. This means that our technicians can achieve on-target earnings significantly higher than the industry standard.
|Grade||Basic Salary||On Call / Van Allowance||Overtime 20-40 hours per month||Bonus (Max £2,000)||Commission||Total|
|6||£15,834||£372||£2,718 – £5,436||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£20,349 – £24,892|
|5||£16,596||£372||£2,872 – £5,744||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£21,265 – £25,962|
|4||£17,038||£372||£2,948 – £5,898||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£21,783 – £26,558|
|3||£18,270||£372||£3,161 – £6,324||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£23,228 – £28,216|
|2||£20,460||£372||£3,541 – £7082||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£25,798 – £31,164|
|1||£22,382||£372||£3,874 – £7,747||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£28,053 – £33,751|
London Weighting is paid for roles within the Greater London area
Although we generally recruit trainee technicians that are new to the pest control industry, we are also keen to talk to more experienced technicians. If you are an outstanding technician looking for an opportunity to progress your career, get in touch and have a confidential chat. Experienced technicians can join our team at the grade most appropriate to their skills and experience. We offer great opportunities for career development and make sure every team member is treated like an individual, and supported in all aspects of their role.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for an existing vacancy, or if you would like us to hold your details on file until a suitable vacancy comes up then please get in touch.
As a minimum, you will need to email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
However, if you want to maximise your chance of being successful, please also send a covering letter or email and explain a bit about why you are applying for the position, and why you think you would be the best person for the role!
If you would like to know a bit more about the technician role, you can request a job description by emailing email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Rokill is an equal opportunities employer.