“Due to continued expansion, we currently have an exciting opportunity within the Kent area for a Senior Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will ideally have experience working as Pest Control Technician and hold the RSPH Level 2 qualification. However, if you are new to the industry and are keen to start a new career we will also consider candidates for a trainee position.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Senior Pest Control Technician:
- Complete Routine Inspections at contract sites, including pubs, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, office blocks, food manufacturing sites etc
- Provide treatment reports, advising work carried out and recommendations to avoid further pest problems
- Attend emergency call outs for pest infestations
- Carry out follow-up visits at sites with on-going pest problems
- Maintain diary ensuring all scheduled visits and appointments are completed
- Assist with service work in other areas when necessary
- Complete pest control inspections at local authority properties to the agreed procedure
- Identify new business opportunities and pass on to sales team
- Service Electronic Fly Killers
- Undertake minor proofing work to restrict pest access
- Complete risk assessments and work to set procedures
- Assist the Bird Control team with cleaning and proofing works
- Maintain stock levels within your vehicle
- Undertake pigeon shoot using a .22 air rifle
- Provide emergency weekend cover according to rota (currently 7 weekends per annum)
- Complete occasional “filthy and verminous” clearance jobs
- Support the Team Leader and help to ensure the efficient running of the team
- Assist with training new technicians
- Supervising one off projects
- Assisting the Technical Team with Quality Audits and Field Biologist Inspections when required
- Assisting sales team by carrying out survey visits
- Assisting with bird proofing surveys
The ideal candidate:
- Hold a full driving license with the ability to read and follow a map
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- A comprehensive grasp on the English Language both written and spoken
- An Analytical outlook with problem solving abilities
- A meticulous eye for detail with pride taken in completed work
- The Ability to work to set procedures and follow instructions
- Enthusiastic, positive, personable with a desire to learn and excel in the position
- Must be confident working at height in confined spaces
- Leadership skills
Pay and Conditions
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Overtime is paid at time and a half for hours (or travel) before 8am or after 5.30pm
- We are a service providing company and the role will involve regular overtime to meet our client’s needs (the current average is 20 hours per month) and occasional out of hours work.
- Standard working hours are 8.30-5.00, with half an hour lunch
- Commission is paid on successful sales leads.
- A van is provided for you to work from. If you choose to use this for private use at the weekend a charge of 12p per mile is applied.
- We operate a performance related bonus scheme. The current maximum is £1,500 per annum
- Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment are provided.
- You will be paid £16 per month tax free to cover the cost of keeping your van and uniform clean.
- You are paid £15 per day when on call plus the hours you work paid at time and a half
Estimated earnings – £32K – £34K
We offer excellent prospects for career development and reward strong performance. Many technicians progress within the company and move into technical, sales or leadership roles. If you would like to progress your career within the pest control industry then get in touch!”
Full information on how to apply can be found below
Our success as a company is based on recruiting and retaining the best people. We regularly recruit trainee technicians that are new to the pest control industry. This is because it gives us the opportunity to select the candidates that have the best potential to excel in the role. We look for people that have fantastic communications skills, are enthusiastic and are keen to learn. We also look for people with integrity and the drive to be the best that they can be. Our Trainee technicians undergo our award winning training programme, that includes a period of time shadowing experienced technicians and team leaders in the field as well as class room based training sessions. We ensure that all trainees are taken to a wide variety of sites that are experiencing challenging pest problems, to ensure that they have the opportunity to learn from our experienced team. Our team of Field Biologist’s and Regional Technical Support Officers also work closely with our trainees to help them develop their technical skills.
After passing our 7 internal training modules, trainees sit the RSPH Level 2 exam in pest control.
We operate a 6 grade career structure within the technician role, to ensure that our team members are continually striving to improve their pest control knowledge and take on additional responsibilities.
We offer highly competitive packages including commission, and a generous bonus scheme. We also pay overtime (at time and a half). This means that our technicians can achieve on-target earnings significantly higher than the industry standard.
Although we generally recruit trainee technicians that are new to the pest control industry, we are also keen to talk to more experienced technicians. If you are an outstanding technician looking for an opportunity to progress your career, get in touch and have a confidential chat. Experienced technicians can join our team at the grade most appropriate to their skills and experience. We offer great opportunities for career development and make sure every team member is treated like an individual, and supported in all aspects of their role.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for an existing vacancy, or if you would like us to hold your details on file until a suitable vacancy comes up then please get in touch.
As a minimum, you will need to email your CV to email@example.com
However, if you want to maximise your chance of being successful, please also send a covering letter or email and explain a bit about why you are applying for the position, and why you think you would be the best person for the role!
If you would like to know a bit more about the technician role, you can request a job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Rokill is an equal opportunities employer.