We are pleased to announce that we have a vacancy for a Trainee Bird proofing Technician based in Gosport or Fareham. No experience is needed as full training will be provided.
Trainee Bird Proofing Technician
Location: Gosport, South Hampshire – this role involves extensive travel.
Salary: Competitive Basic with allowances and Overtime available
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 8.30-5.00, Sunday – Thursday
Rokill Limited is one of Britain’s leading providers for Pest and Bird Control. Operating since 1980 we provide control services to the commercial, domestic and public sectors, dealing effectively with all non wood-boring types of pest and bird problems
Due to continued expansion, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Bird Control Technician to join our Bird Proofing Team in Gosport, responsible for installing bird proofing systems in a wide variety of retail, manufacturing, commercial and domestic premises
We are a service providing company and the role will involve regular overtime to meet our client’s needs (the current average is 20 hours per month) and occasional out of hours work. Regular working away is required and Rokill pay for Hotel & breakfast.
Previous Experience is not required as trainee’s will undergo our award winning training programme that includes a period of time shadowing experienced technicians and team leaders in the field as well as class room based training sessions.
Roles and Responsibilities of Bird Control Technician
- Undertake the removal of bird droppings from sites. This is an integral part of our service provided
- Write treatment reports for each client at the end of each inspection, advising on work carried out
- Liaise with the administration team and provide all necessary support and paperwork
- Comply fully with RAMS for works to be undertaken
- Undertake training in use of MEWPs, Tower scaffold and ladders as required
- Maintain works diary to ensure all scheduled visits and appointments are completed
- Accurately record details of work carried out on timesheet and contract cards
- Carry out work throughout the UK to set procedures and completing risk assessments
- Identify new business opportunities and pass on to sales team
- To maintain stock levels within work vehicle
- Undertake pigeon shoots using a .22 air rifle safety and correctly
The ideal candidate:
- Hold a full driving licence with the ability to read and follow a map
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- A comprehensive grasp on the English Language both written and spoken
- An analytical outlook with problem solving abilities
- A meticulous eye for detail with a pride taken in works completed
- The ability to work to set procedures and follow instructions
- Enthusiastic, positive, personable with a desire to learn and excel in the position
- Must be confident working at height and in confined spaces
Pay and Conditions:
- This role involves extensive travel
- Starting basic salary £17,000
- Overtime is paid at time and a half for hours in excess of 8 hours on site
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme. Payments are typically between £1,000 and £1,400 per annum
- Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment are provided
Estimated earnings in first year £18,500
We will also consider applications from experienced technician’s that are already working within the industry.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full information on how to apply can be found below
Our success as a company is based on recruiting and retaining the best people. We regularly recruit trainee technicians that are new to the pest control industry. This is because it gives us the opportunity to select the candidates that have the best potential to excel in the role. We look for people that have fantastic communications skills, are enthusiastic and are keen to learn. We also look for people with integrity and the drive to be the best that they can be. Our Trainee technicians undergo our award winning training programme, that includes a period of time shadowing experienced technicians and team leaders in the field as well as class room based training sessions. We ensure that all trainees are taken to a wide variety of sites that are experiencing challenging pest problems, to ensure that they have the opportunity to learn from our experienced team. Our team of Field Biologist’s and Regional Technical Support Officers also work closely with our trainees to help them develop their technical skills.
After passing our 7 internal training modules, trainees sit the RSPH Level 2 exam in pest control.
We operate a 6 grade career structure within the technician role, to ensure that our team members are continually striving to improve their pest control knowledge and take on additional responsibilities.
We offer highly competitive packages including commission, and a generous bonus scheme. We also pay overtime (at time and a half) for onsite working or for travel in excess of 30 minutes. This means that our technicians can achieve on-target earnings significantly higher than the industry standard.
|Grade||Basic Salary||On Call / Van Allowance||Overtime 20-40 hours per month||Bonus (Max £2,000)||Commission||Total|
|6||£16,611||£372||£2,718 – £5,436||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£20,349 – £24,892|
|5||£16,927||£372||£2,872 – £5,744||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£21,265 – £25,962|
|4||£17,378||£372||£2,948 – £5,898||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£21,783 – £26,558|
|3||£18,635||£372||£3,161 – £6,324||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£23,228 – £28,216|
|2||£20,869||£372||£3,541 – £7082||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£25,798 – £31,164|
|1||£22,829||£372||£3,874 – £7,747||£1,000 – £2,000||£425 – £1,250||£28,053 – £33,751|
London Weighting is paid for roles within the Greater London area
Although we generally recruit trainee technicians that are new to the pest control industry, we are also keen to talk to more experienced technicians. If you are an outstanding technician looking for an opportunity to progress your career, get in touch and have a confidential chat. Experienced technicians can join our team at the grade most appropriate to their skills and experience. We offer great opportunities for career development and make sure every team member is treated like an individual, and supported in all aspects of their role.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for an existing vacancy, or if you would like us to hold your details on file until a suitable vacancy comes up then please get in touch.
As a minimum, you will need to email your CV to email@example.com
However, if you want to maximise your chance of being successful, please also send a covering letter or email and explain a bit about why you are applying for the position, and why you think you would be the best person for the role!
If you would like to know a bit more about the technician role, you can request a job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Rokill is an equal opportunities employer.